Annotated Bangla Transcripts
These transcripts, including a full-length movie, have been annotated by the Bangla-Tangla dictionary system so that all of the word definitions can be seen by hovering over the word with the mouse. You can also click on each word to get definitions from the Samsad dictionaries. Watch the videos and read along!
- জয় বাবা রুদ্রনাথ - A Feluda tribute telefilm directed by Anjan Dutt.
- ডাঃ মুনসীর ডায়রি (Dr. Munshi's Diary) - A telefilm directed by Sandip Ray based on a Feluda story written by Satyajit Ray.
- সিংহ রাশি (Shingho Rashi) - An amazing song from the movie জাতিস্মর.
- জনগণমন-অধিনায়ক জয় হে - I love this rendition of the national anthem sung by eminent Indian singers. The song, by Tagore, is in highly Sanskritic Bangla, so it's comprehensible to Hindi speakers (etc) and is often sung with Hindi pronunciation. It's interesting to read the Bangla and hear the mapping to Hindi.
- Tareque and Catherine Masud Interview - An interview with a famous Bangladeshi filmmaking couple. Catherine is a foreigner who speaks Bangla!
- হাজার চুরাশির মা - A book by মহাশ্বেতা দেবী about the Naxalite uprising. Only part of the book has been transcribed here.
- মা - A translation of Maxim Gorky's "Mother" by Rina Sengupta
- শেখ মুজিবুর রহমানের ৭ই মার্চের ঐতিহাসিক ভাষণ - A speech by Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, leader of the Awami League, on the eve of Bangladesh's war of independence.
- কোন সাধনে মিলবে রে তোর পরম ধন - A Sylheti song with an agnostic theme.
Or make your own annotated script here!
- Start a line with <center> to center the paragraph.
- Start a line with <right> to right-align the paragraph.
- Start a line with a tab to indent the first line of the paragraph (you may have to cut and paste a tab character into the browser because pressing the tab key does something else).
- You can use the HTML <b> tag to bold something (and use <\b> to turn off bold at the end).